Calaguala Powder (FRX352) from NutriCargo
Peru (Origin may vary per lot - Refer to certificate of analysis)
What is Calaguala Powder?
Calaguala is an extract from a fern that is native to the rainforests of southern America as well as jungles in Honduras, where it thrives in symbiosis with palm trees. The fern’s roots are covered in dense scales of a golden-brown color. Calaguala has historically been used for medical purposes, along with skincare and hair care.
Why Calaguala Powder?
Unless you live in a rainforest tree, you won’t stumble across the calaguala plant any time soon! Before you book a trip to the jungle, check out NutriCargo’s calaguala powder. Distilled from the calaguala’s root, our powder offers the benefits of this natural plant in an easy-to-use powder form. Mix with smoothies and juices to enjoy calaguala extract.
Packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory qualities which may support* overall health
Nutrients in calaguala roots absorbed from rich rainforest soil
Naturally sourced from lush South American climates
Why Calaguala Powder from NutriCargo?
- Wholesale pricing on calaguala powder & all other ingredients.
- Mix & Match savings, when you buy more you have the chance to save more.
- Earn NC Rewards Points for each order of calaguala powder to save even more in the future!
- Free & Flat-Rate shipping are also available on qualifying orders.*
- NutriCargo is your premier supplier of calaguala powder. Shop confidently knowing you’re getting quality-tested ingredients that are competitively priced and ready to ship world-wide today.
What quality documents can you provide?
- Certificates of Analysis (COA)
- Allergen & pesticide statements
What is the difference between powder, 4:1, %, etc?
Whole herbs and extracts are both very different products.
Whole botanicals in some cases contain every part of a botanical including roots or stems while extract contains a specific botanical compound and is measured to a specific amount.
Extracts come with standards set by potency percentage so your order will always match what was advertised.
NutriCargo Whole Ingredients (do not have % or ration in their name)
A whole ingredient contains the entire botanical, including the roots, stem, flower etc.
Extracts contain specific compounds extracted from the botanical. These compounds are denoted by the “%” sign.
Herbal extracts are often “standardized” to contain a certain amount of a compound or active ingredient. Standardization ensures that every batch of a botanical extract contains the same amount of the advertised compound. For example, Acerola 10% may be standardized to 10% vitamin C. Every batch of that product will have at least 10% of that active compound.
NutriCargo Extract Ratios
Ratio extracts are denoted by the ratio in their product name. For example 4:1, 5:1, 10:1 etc.
If it’s a 4:1 extract, for example, that means that four parts of the original plant are going into one part of the final extract, making it a concentrated powder.
Think of it this way: Ratio of dry plant material (X) to final extract quantity(Y).
X : Y
Y = weight of dry plant material
X = weight or volume of extract (depending upon whether the extract is a solid/dry extract or a liquid extract)
The concept here is that the essential activity of the dry plant material (X) is found in the quantity of extract (Y). Or in other words, Y quantity of the extract is equivalent to X quantity of the dry plant.
For example, a botanical ingredient listed as a 4:1 extract means that 4 kg of raw herbs were extracted down to 1 kg of dried powdered extract.
What type of quality control measures does NutriCargo take?
- The institution of an internal Quality Control Program to ensure that products are free of toxins and undesired by-products.
- Alliances with science laboratories to enforce rigorous testing procedures.
- Weekly testing for microbial pathogens and heavy metals (Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic, Mercury).
- Microbiological testing (Total Plate count, Yeast & Mold, Coliforms, E. Coli and Salmonella).
- Random testing of materials' moisture content.
- HPTLC (High-Performance Thin Layer Chromatography) testing for initial approval and supply of materials.
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) testing for powder extracts.
- Prevention of all sub-potent and contaminated materials from entering the products.
- Regular testing for proper identification and chemical efficacy.
|Botanical Name||Polypodium Leucotomos|
|Country of Origin||Peru|