Clove Powder (FRX485) from NutriCargo
Indonesia (Origin may vary per lot - Refer to certificate of analysis)
What is Clove Powder?
Clove powder is an aromatic spice that has been used for centuries for its unique flavor and scent. It is made by grinding dried cloves, which are the flower buds of the clove tree, and can be used in a variety of culinary applications.
Clove powder is a versatile ingredient that can be used to add depth and complexity to a variety of dishes. Its distinct flavor is warm, sweet, and slightly bitter, with notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Clove powder pairs particularly well with sweet and savory dishes, and is often used in recipes for baked goods, marinades, and spice blends.
One of the main benefits of using clove powder in your cooking is its potential to enhance the nutritional value of your dishes. Cloves contain a variety of nutrients and antioxidants, including vitamins C and K, fiber, and eugenol.
When it comes to using clove powder in your cooking, there are countless possibilities. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Add a pinch of clove powder to your morning coffee or tea for a warm and comforting flavor.
- Mix clove powder into your oatmeal or yogurt for a healthy and delicious breakfast.
- Use clove powder to spice up your favorite baked goods, such as apple pie, pumpkin bread, or gingerbread cookies.
- Make a homemade spice blend with clove powder, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg to season roasted vegetables or meats.
- Add a sprinkle of clove powder to your smoothies or protein shakes for a unique and flavorful twist.
In addition to its culinary uses, clove powder has also been used for its aromatic properties. The essential oil of clove is often used in aromatherapy and can be found in a variety of natural health and beauty products.
At NutriCargo, we are committed to providing high-quality spices and herbs that are both delicious and nutritious. Our clove powder is made from the highest quality cloves, which are sourced from trusted growers and suppliers around the world. We carefully grind and package our clove powder to ensure maximum freshness and flavor, so that you can enjoy the full benefits of this versatile spice.
Whether you are a seasoned cook or just starting out in the kitchen, clove powder is an essential ingredient that is sure to add flavor and flair to your favorite dishes. So why not try it today and see what all the fuss is about? With its unique flavor and potential health benefits, clove powder is a must-have ingredient for any home chef.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. You are requested to consult a medical practitioner prior to considering a purchase of any natural product from this website.
**Due to the nature of natural ingredients, physical attributes may differ from lot to lot (color, taste, etc). Please consult with a representative for more information on current lot. NutriCargo will not accept returns on ingredients compared to lots over 30 days old. Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product due to differences in monitors, product batch/lot and etc. Please contact a NutriCargo representative with any questions. We're here to help.
What quality documents can you provide?
- Certificates of Analysis (COA)
- Allergen & pesticide statements
What is the difference between powder, 4:1, %, etc?
Whole herbs and extracts are both very different products.
Whole botanicals in some cases contain every part of a botanical including roots or stems while extract contains a specific botanical compound and is measured to a specific amount.
Extracts come with standards set by potency percentage so your order will always match what was advertised.
NutriCargo Whole Ingredients (do not have % or ration in their name)
A whole ingredient contains the entire botanical, including the roots, stem, flower etc.
Extracts contain specific compounds extracted from the botanical. These compounds are denoted by the “%” sign.
Herbal extracts are often “standardized” to contain a certain amount of a compound or active ingredient. Standardization ensures that every batch of a botanical extract contains the same amount of the advertised compound. For example, Acerola 10% may be standardized to 10% vitamin C. Every batch of that product will have at least 10% of that active compound.
NutriCargo Extract Ratios
Ratio extracts are denoted by the ratio in their product name. For example 4:1, 5:1, 10:1 etc.
If it’s a 4:1 extract, for example, that means that four parts of the original plant are going into one part of the final extract, making it a concentrated powder.
Think of it this way: Ratio of dry plant material (X) to final extract quantity(Y).
X : Y
Y = weight of dry plant material
X = weight or volume of extract (depending upon whether the extract is a solid/dry extract or a liquid extract)
The concept here is that the essential activity of the dry plant material (X) is found in the quantity of extract (Y). Or in other words, Y quantity of the extract is equivalent to X quantity of the dry plant.
For example, a botanical ingredient listed as a 4:1 extract means that 4 kg of raw herbs were extracted down to 1 kg of dried powdered extract.
What type of quality control measures does NutriCargo take?
- The institution of an internal Quality Control Program to ensure that products are free of toxins and undesired by-products.
- Alliances with science laboratories to enforce rigorous testing procedures.
- Weekly testing for microbial pathogens and heavy metals (Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic, Mercury).
- Microbiological testing (Total Plate count, Yeast & Mold, Coliforms, E. Coli and Salmonella).
- Random testing of materials' moisture content.
- HPTLC (High-Performance Thin Layer Chromatography) testing for initial approval and supply of materials.
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) testing for powder extracts.
- Prevention of all sub-potent and contaminated materials from entering the products.
- Regular testing for proper identification and chemical efficacy.
|Botanical Name||Caryophyillus Aromaticum|
|Country of Origin||Indonesia|