Kelp Powder (FRX874)
Kelp Powder (FRX874) from NutriCargo
Ireland (Origin may vary per lot - Refer to the certificate of analysis)
**Due to the nature of natural ingredients, physical attributes may differ from lot to lot (color, taste, etc). Please consult with a representative for more information on the current lot. NutriCargo will not accept returns on ingredients compared to lots over 30 days old. Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product due to differences in monitors, product batch/lot and etc. Please contact a NutriCargo representative with any questions. We're here to help.
What is Kelp Powder?
Kelps are large seaweeds that grow in “underwater forests” in the world’s oceans. These highly nutritious heterokonts are thought to have developed on earth over 20 million years ago and have formed a part of Asian diets since prehistoric times. Today, natural kelp is enjoyed around the world in raw, cooked, powdered, and supplement forms.
Why Kelp Powder?
Kelp powder distills the plant’s nutritious benefits into an easy-to-prepare form, making it simpler and less expensive to incorporate kelp into your diet. NutriCargo sources our high-quality, natural kelp powder from the Atlantic Ocean. We use the whole plant to make our powder, ensuring you’ll reap its full nutritional benefits. Enjoy mixed with soup and salad, or blend into vegetable juice for a tasty treat.
- Packed with vitamin K and calcium which may support* bone health
- One of the best natural sources of iodine, a natural compound
- High in folate and iron
- “Superfood” full of vitamin and minerals absorbed from surrounding ocean water
Why Kelp Powder from NutriCargo?
- Wholesale pricing on kelp powder & all other ingredients.
- Mix & Match savings, when you buy more you have the chance to save more.
- Earn NC Rewards Points for each order of kelp powder to save even more in the future!
- Free & Flat-Rate shipping is also available on qualifying orders.*
NutriCargo is your premier supplier of bulk kelp powder. Shop confidently knowing you’re getting quality-tested ingredients that are competitively priced and ready to ship worldwide today.
To ensure the highest quality in our ingredients, we test our products using the following methods.
- Macroscopic (Visual): Evaluation of a sampled product based upon inspection of the products visual characteristics - texture, size, etc.
- Microscopic: Evaluation of a product based upon visual inspection, with the aid of a high powered microscope, of cells, cell walls, cell structure and characteristics, etc.
- HPLC: Stands for High Pressure (Performance) Liquid Chromatography. This test provides verification of product identity as well as quantitative determination of active constituents when tested against a reference standard. You may often see the term HPLC on our certificate of Analysis.
- Gas Chromatography (GC): GC is a common type of chromatography used in analytic chemistry for separating and analyzing compounds that can be vaporized without decomposition. This test helps in providing verification of product identity as well as quantitative determination of active constituents when tested against a reference standard.
- Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC): Thin layer chromatography (TLC) is a chromatography technique used to separate mixtures. This test helps to provide verification of product identity when tested against a reference standard.
- Appearance: Samples of each product are evaluated based upon their general appearance and uniformity and are compared, to ensure conformance, to a known standard.
- Color: The color is used to identify products based upon conformance, of color, to a known standard.
- Aroma: Used to identify products based upon conformance, of aroma, to a known standard.
- Flavor: Used to identify products based upon conformance, of flavor, to a known standard.
- Particle Size: A sieve analysis is used to measure the total particle size distribution of a prepared sample. Whether the product is in the form of a powder, cut and sifted, or tea bag cut, particle size analysis can help a customer judge whether a product is suitable for their application.
- Foreign Organic Matter: Measures the amount of a prepared sample that is of a foreign organic nature. This is a measurement of the purity of the product and, thus, the quality of the product.
- Foreign Inorganic Matter: Measures the amount of a prepared sample that is of a foreign inorganic nature. This is a measurement of the purity of the product and, thus, the quality of the product.
- Tapped Density: Measures the density of a prepared sample (g/ml). This test can help one discern packaging or encapsulation requirements.
- Moisture Content: Measures the amount of volatile matter (water) driven off of a prepared sample under specified conditions. Elevated moisture content can increase the likelihood of microbial growth.
- Steam Volatile Oil: Measures the amount of water insoluble steam volatile oil present in a prepared sample. In many products, volatile oil is an indication of product quality.
- Total Ash: Measures the amount of carbon-free ash present in a prepared sample. This test can give an indication of the quality and purity of a product, as all organic material will burn off leaving dirt, silica, etc.
- Acid Insoluble Ash: This test measures, after total ash, the amount of acid insoluble ash present in a prepared sample. This test gives an indication of the quality and purity of a product.
- Heavy Metals: This test measures metallic impurities in a prepared product sample. No product may exceed the tolerances that have been set for each specific metal.
- Pesticides: This test measures the amount of pesticide residue that a prepared sample contains. No product may exceed the tolerances that have been set for each specific pesticide. We aim to provide pesticide free ingredients!
- Total Aerobic Plate Count: This test allows for the detection and enumeration of aerobic microorganisms. This test gives an indication of the cleanliness of a product microbiologically.
- Yeast and Mold: This test allows for detection and enumeration of yeast and mold microorganisms. This test gives an indication of the cleanliness of a product microbiologically.
- Coliform: This test allows for detection and enumeration of Coliform.
- E. Coli: This test allows for detection and enumeration of E. Coli bacteria.
- Salmonella SPP: This test allows for detection and enumeration of Salmonella Bacteria.
For Our complete Frequently Asked Question, visit our FAQ Page for all your answers.
Are your products certified organic?
Unless stated on the product page, all products are conventional or wildharvested. Products that are organic will have the USDA logo.
Do your products contain "fillers"?
What many people refer to as "fillers" are actually excipients. Our products use excipients, or freeflow agents, which are inactive substances used as a vehicle to deliver an active substance.Freeflow agents are commonly used in a number of products and serve a variety of benefits such as to prevent caking, deliver a consumable efficiently, and more.
NutriCargo uses maltodextrin as a free-flow agent for its powdered extracts.
Why do some of your products contain maltodextrin?
Maltodextrin is a free-flow agent derived from corn. NutriCargo uses non-GMO corn-based maltodextrin and is used as a free-flow agent to help our extracts remain in powdered form, making our extracts easy to measure and easy to use.
Could I use your products to treat my ailments or diseases?
Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Nutricargo, LLC. and it's employees are not licensed medical practitioners and therefore cannot by law give medical advice. Furthermore, information found on this site is for informational use only and is not to be taken as medical advice.
What’s the difference between 4:1 powdered extracts and standardized extracts?
A 4:1 powdered extract means the product is 4 times more concentrated than its regular powder counterpart. If the product has a percentage, the number indicates how much of the ingredients active compound is present for every 100 grams consumed.