Kelp Powder (FRX874) from NutriCargo
Ireland (Origin may vary per lot - Refer to the certificate of analysis)
**Due to the nature of natural ingredients, physical attributes may differ from lot to lot (color, taste, etc). Please consult with a representative for more information on the current lot. NutriCargo will not accept returns on ingredients compared to lots over 30 days old. Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product due to differences in monitors, product batch/lot and etc. Please contact a NutriCargo representative with any questions. We're here to help.
What is Kelp Powder?
Kelps are large seaweeds that grow in “underwater forests” in the world’s oceans. These highly nutritious heterokonts are thought to have developed on earth over 20 million years ago and have formed a part of Asian diets since prehistoric times. Today, natural kelp is enjoyed around the world in raw, cooked, powdered, and supplement forms.
Why Kelp Powder?
Kelp powder distills the plant’s nutritious benefits into an easy-to-prepare form, making it simpler and less expensive to incorporate kelp into your diet. NutriCargo sources our high-quality, natural kelp powder from the Atlantic Ocean. We use the whole plant to make our powder, ensuring you’ll reap its full nutritional benefits. Enjoy mixed with soup and salad, or blend into vegetable juice for a tasty treat.
- Packed with vitamin K and calcium which may support* bone health
- One of the best natural sources of iodine, a natural compound
- High in folate and iron
- “Superfood” full of vitamin and minerals absorbed from surrounding ocean water
Why Kelp Powder from NutriCargo?
- Wholesale pricing on kelp powder & all other ingredients.
- Mix & Match savings, when you buy more you have the chance to save more.
- Earn NC Rewards Points for each order of kelp powder to save even more in the future!
- Free & Flat-Rate shipping is also available on qualifying orders.*
NutriCargo is your premier supplier of bulk kelp powder. Shop confidently knowing you’re getting quality-tested ingredients that are competitively priced and ready to ship worldwide today.
What quality documents can you provide?
- Certificates of Analysis (COA)
- Allergen & pesticide statements
What is the difference between powder, 4:1, %, etc?
Whole herbs and extracts are both very different products.
Whole botanicals in some cases contain every part of a botanical including roots or stems while extract contains a specific botanical compound and is measured to a specific amount.
Extracts come with standards set by potency percentage so your order will always match what was advertised.
NutriCargo Whole Ingredients (do not have % or ration in their name)
A whole ingredient contains the entire botanical, including the roots, stem, flower etc.
Extracts contain specific compounds extracted from the botanical. These compounds are denoted by the “%” sign.
Herbal extracts are often “standardized” to contain a certain amount of a compound or active ingredient. Standardization ensures that every batch of a botanical extract contains the same amount of the advertised compound. For example, Acerola 10% may be standardized to 10% vitamin C. Every batch of that product will have at least 10% of that active compound.
NutriCargo Extract Ratios
Ratio extracts are denoted by the ratio in their product name. For example 4:1, 5:1, 10:1 etc.
If it’s a 4:1 extract, for example, that means that four parts of the original plant are going into one part of the final extract, making it a concentrated powder.
Think of it this way: Ratio of dry plant material (X) to final extract quantity(Y).
X : Y
Y = weight of dry plant material
X = weight or volume of extract (depending upon whether the extract is a solid/dry extract or a liquid extract)
The concept here is that the essential activity of the dry plant material (X) is found in the quantity of extract (Y). Or in other words, Y quantity of the extract is equivalent to X quantity of the dry plant.
For example, a botanical ingredient listed as a 4:1 extract means that 4 kg of raw herbs were extracted down to 1 kg of dried powdered extract.
What type of quality control measures does NutriCargo take?
- The institution of an internal Quality Control Program to ensure that products are free of toxins and undesired by-products.
- Alliances with science laboratories to enforce rigorous testing procedures.
- Weekly testing for microbial pathogens and heavy metals (Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic, Mercury).
- Microbiological testing (Total Plate count, Yeast & Mold, Coliforms, E. Coli and Salmonella).
- Random testing of materials' moisture content.
- HPTLC (High-Performance Thin Layer Chromatography) testing for initial approval and supply of materials.
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) testing for powder extracts.
- Prevention of all sub-potent and contaminated materials from entering the products.
- Regular testing for proper identification and chemical efficacy.
|Botanical Name||Ascophyllum Nodosum|
|Country of Origin||Ireland|
|Parts Used||Whole Plant|